Monday, September 9, 2019

The Fort Zumwalt Tournament This Weekend

The upcoming Ft. Zumwalt West Tournament this weekend will be a challenge, three games, the first at 8 a.m., the second at 10 a.m., and the third at noon. 
Here’s the way I’ve always worked tournaments. Every player is guaranteed at least one full game (she might be the DP one game and the Flex in another game, but it will still be one full game on offense and defense). We’ve managed a fair amount of success with this approach in the past, but, win or lose, parents and fans will get to see their player in action.
The brackets and times are below. We will have water, sports drinks and snacks for the players. The bus leaves at 6:30 a.m. in front of Roberts Gym. I’d say 6:30 a.m. sharp, but the busses are not always sharp themselves. Nevertheless, players shouldn’t count on that. “Leave no (late) player behind” has never been my slogan and a player who misses the bus (or boat) will not be the first. I’m hoping, however, that I’ve already left without my last.
See you at the field(s)!



No comments:

Post a Comment