Sunday, October 4, 2015

More entries coming soon

Apologies for not having kept the JV Softball Blog up to date. The working full time, weekend travel, and the season itself have just kind of overwhelmed me the last couple weeks. It didn't help that the Cardinals also needed my assistance watching them on TV until they were able to clinch the division.

But the box scores are done and the entries written (in my head -- I just need to find them in that chaos). I promise to catch up this week.

However, we just completed a very good season. For those NOT keeping score at home, we finished the season with an overall record of 14-9 and successfully defended our Hancock Tournament Champions title, even with a year's delay thanks to last year's rainout. However, even more important, the girls really came together as a team. I'll be adding more thoughts in the Season Wrap-up, but first I have to get all the games done.

For now we'll be working with the varsity as they prepare for districts, but I want to thank Tim Cerutti for his work with the girls and the program. I'm hopeful he will be with us again next year and that Coach Poe will also be on board. Great coaches, even better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment