Monday, August 25, 2014

Nerinx Game Off (for now)

I took advantage of the (temporary, I hope) cancellation of the JV game to practice using GameChanger at the varsity tilt (won by the Statesmen, 10-0, behind excellent pitching, defense, and base running).
I carefully plugged in my wife's iPad to make sure it had a full charge, then left without it. But it was fully charged. Anyway, I used my iPhone (an iPod will also work) and was surprised how easy it was to keep score. Substitutions can get a little complicated, advancing base runners a little tricky, at first, but Coach Poe was following at home, pitch by pitch, and enjoyed it. It would appear that to get the full benefit you'll want to subscribe as a premium follower ($7.99/month; $40 for a whole year). Given our short season, assuming a month is 30 days, not a calendar month, two months would do it. Not that I care.
I'll be posting box scores and my own unique brand of commentary for the JV anyway. WGHS Softball gets no financial benefit from this, so please consider this kind of a bonus thing. And, unless someone wants to jump up and volunteer to actually DO the scoring on an iPad, iPod, or iPhone, there won't be that much to follow. I'll be keeping my own stats on the JV games. Still, I hope that some of you received the announcements today as the game status changed from hour to hour and that you found it helpful.
Here's a screen shot of what appears if you're just a follower:


I'm hopeful we'll get the Nerinx game made up on Thursday (because that's what NH suggested when both games were in doubt) but we'll see. For what it's worth, their varsity coach didn't get it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment